Public Policy Director-ACLU of Minnesota
PUBLIC POLICY DIRECTOR
ACLU of Minnesota
Location:Twin Cities Metro
Activity Area: Legal, Civil Rights Advocacy, Crime
Closing Date:Open until filled
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Direct and manage organization’s overall legislative strategy, including developing public policy proposals and legislation;
- Collaborate with staff to develop effective actions to advance the public policy work of the ACLU-MN and the ACLU-MN Foundation
- Serve as organization’s lobbyist at the Minnesota Legislature, and communicates with local and state elected public officials and their offices;
- Coordinate with key staff members to develop messages and talking points for the organization;
- Prepare and submit lobbyist disclosure reports and campaign finance reports. Be a source of information and a referral source for candidates and elected officials;
- Serve as organization’s representative in electoral and issue-based legislative coalitions;
- Facilitate relationships and the exchange of information between coalition partners, and serve as organizational representative in coalition setting;
- Supervise the policy research programs of the organization, including development and distribution of materials.
- Work with the executive director and board of directors on policy issues and organizational priorities;
- Supervise interns to support legislative and electoral activities.
- Dedication to civil liberties;
- Professional experience in the legislative and/or electoral field>
- Advanced degree a plus;
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically and to build positive relationships with staff, volunteers, board members, and ACLU-MN members.
2300 Myrtle Avenue, Suite 180
Saint Paul, MN 55114