September 13, 2012
NYCLU FULL-TIME PARALEGAL
The New York Civil Liberties Union (NYCLU) is one of the nation's foremost defenders of civil liberties and civil rights. Founded in 1951 as the New York affiliate of the American Civil Liberties Union, the NYCLU is a not-for-profit, nonpartisan organization with six chapters and 50,000 members statewide.
Position Title: Full-Time Paralegal
Reports to: Legal Director/Associate Legal Director
Date of Posting: 7/30/12
Summary of Position:
The New York Civil Liberties Union is seeking a full-time paralegal to assist its attorneys involved in civil rights and civil liberties litigation.
- Provide administrative support to NYCLU attorneys and legal fellows. Responsibilities include maintaining and organizing electronic and paper files; producing and filing briefs and other legal submissions; scheduling meetings; and copying and mailing.
- Perform general paralegal work for NYCLU attorneys and legal fellows. Responsibilities include organizing and reviewing discovery materials; basic data analysis; drafting and editing materials; researching factual and policy issues, and working with clients.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat;
- Strong organizational, writing, research, analytical, and interpersonal skills; and
- Familiarity with court filing and legal citation conventions a plus.
How To Apply:
Applicants should email their resume along with a cover letter and salary history to the attention of Legal Department to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Paralegal” in the subject heading or fax to (212) 607-3329.
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
The NYCLU is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and actively recruitswomen, people of color, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQI individuals.