Because freedom can't protect itself
LA. TIMES BLOG COMMENTS PAGE APPARENTLY 'SPOOFED' BY GOVERNMENT SURVEILLANCE OPERATIVES TO INTERCEPT SUBMISSION BY 'TARGETED' CITIZEN
Submitted comment was greeted with the familiar "awaiting moderation" message. But the page does NOT reveal ANY comments from other readers -- despite the fact that the story was flagged by DrudgeReport.com.
Upon hitting "refresh" button, the task bar reveals that the browser is accessing ANOTHER web address, one with a number, NOT the L.A. Times political blog site.
It appears that submitted comments of this "targeted" citizen are being intercepted in real-time, using "spoofed" (faked) pages generated by government CENSORS who are exercising either PRIOR RESTRAINT or CENSORSHIP of this citizen's telecommunications.
As posted by Vic Livingston in the comments secrion of his articles at nowpublic:
"In a just world, someone like you, who writes about how a president should have been assassinated sooner, would be the subject of a Secret Service inquiry"
Apparantly having ones free speech monitored and restricted by government agencies is fine with Vic, as long as your political beliefs mirror his.
“Truth,” stated Winston Churchill, “is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies.”
Vic Livingston's frequent and ubiquitous comments make one pause and wonder. Is he trying to make all of those who report "organized stalking" seem "crazy?" Is he really trying to obscure the truth?
Organized, group stalking is a fact, so one is left to wonder why someone who purports to be a serious, investigative journalist would go to such great lengths to discredit himself.
Could it be that he's doing so, in order to cover up/obscure the truth? (If he's really a victim, he can be forgiven, because vigilante stalking will drive people to the depths of despair. If he's not, well, then it's time to take off the gloves because the lives of many good people depend on it.)
Organized stalking must be exposed and stopped. What has happened to the rule of law when this kind of criminal behavior is allowed to continue unchecked.
The police refuse to take it seriously and/or investigate. Why?
MORE APPARENT TELECOMMUNICATIONS PRIOR RESTRAINT, CENSORSHIP AND MALICIOUS TAMPERING BY GOVERNMENT SURVEILLANCE OPERATIVES
* Post to Professor Henry Gates' web site "The Root" rejected with this suspect message, which looks like gobblegook:
warning: pg_query(): Query failed: ERROR: multiple ORDER BY clauses not allowed in/data/htdocs-theroot-2.1.8b/www/includes/database.pgsql.inc on l ine 139. user warning: ERROR: multiple ORDER BY clauses not allowed query: (SELECT thread FROM comments WHERE nid = 22416 AND status = 0 ORDER BY timestamp DESC LIMIT 1) ORDER BY thread DESC LIMIT 1 in /data/htdocs-theroot-2.1.8b/www/modules/comment/comment.module on line 366.
* Unauthorized "Block" cookies placed into browser, preventing web site access
* Political posts apparently blocked via insertion of "registration is required" full-screen message -- although the user already is logged on and signed in and logged on. The message appears to be a "spoofed" (faked) page inserted into data data stream by surveillance operatives.
* When attempting to access a new internet site, the browser task bar starts to register, then suddenly reads "stopped" even though I did not hit the "stop loading" button. Then the task bar acivity resumes. I believe this is a clear signal that my internet browsing is being remotely manipulated.
* Internet pages appear to NOT update when I hit the "refresh" button -- apparently a tactic being used to discourage new postings to political sites that I frequent. Example: washingtonpost.com's "The Fix."
* Cursor "goes wild," jumping across screen, in apparent malicious harassment effected by way of remote computing software that hijacks computer functions.
* "Endless beach ball" and "unresponsive script" message employed to stall computer and harass user.
* PDF file of speech by Homeland Security Sec. Napolitano appears on desktop with file name user did NOT assign. Will not delete when user attempts to empty trash.
* And finally, internet pages fail to load; modem lights indicate that unit is working, but "internet" light is OFF. Apparently, the internet connection has been remotely disabled -- more malicious harassment and prior restraint of First Amendment-protected speech.
Vic Livingston’s frequent and ubiquitous comments make one pause and wonder. Is he trying to make all of those who report “organized stalking” seem “crazy?” Is he really trying to obscure the truth?
Could it be that he’s doing so, in order to cover up/obscure the truth? (If he’s really a victim, he can be forgiven, because vigilante stalking will drive people to the depths of despair. If he’s not, well, then it’s time to take off the gloves because the lives of many good people depend on it.)
Organized stalking must be exposed and stopped. What has happened to the rule of law when this kind of criminal behavior is allowed to continue unchecked.
The police refuse to take it seriously and/or investigate. Why?
ONCE AGAIN, AN ATTEMPTED POST TO A WASHINGTON POST POLITICAL BLOG ELICITS THE 'HELD FOR BLOG OWNER' MESSAGE...
...DESPITE THE FACT THAT WA-PO DOES NOT 'HOLD' POSTS UNLESS FOUL LANGUAGE IS DETECTED
The post had to do with the arrest of Harvard Prof. Henry Gates, in response to a "44" blog item about his daughter's view of the controversy.
Apparently, the weekend crew at the government's fusion center surveillance and censorship facility has seen fit to impose prior restraint and/or censorship upon the political speech of an American citizen -- by way of malicious tampering with telecommunications, an unreasonable search and seizure and misuse of telecommunications to commit harassment -- a color of law violation.
Despite repeated posts here at in other media, this apparent blatant unconstitutional activity continues.
Again I ask:
IS THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION UNAWARE -- OR IS THERE INSUBORDINATION IN THE RANKS?
TODAY'S WASHINGTON POST "44" BLOG POLITICAL POST ATTEMPT, APPARENTLY SUBJECT TO GOV'T PRIOR RESTRAINT AND/OR CENSORSHIP:
Prof. Gates: Hold off on the 'Kumbaya' until you (and POTUS) consider THIS:
THE PROF. GATES 'KEEP THE CARS COMING,' 'COME OUT ON THE PORCH' POLICE HOME INVASION:
EMBLEMATIC OF A POLICE STATE GESTAPO ENABLED BY A SECRETIVE FED 'PROGRAM' OF EXTRAJUDICIAL 'VIGILANTE INJUSTICE'
• President Obama must dismantle the nationwide, federal-local GPS-activated extrajudicial targeting and punishment network and remove from power the federal officials who continue to oversee it.
• Local police generally "know the drill" -- did Sgt. Crowley?
FEMA, Secret Service, FBI, the military and intel agencies are among the federal enablers of volunteer community policing, anti-terrorism and town watch organizations transmogrified by Bush-Cheney into fronts for a nationwide, civilian Gestapo-like army.
This grassroots-based extrajudicial targeting and punishment "torture matrix" uses covertly implanted GPS tracking devices to stalk, harass, vandalize and terrorize unjustly "targeted" Americans and their families.
When "targets" travel, the GPS system alerts vigilantes affiliated with local units of this American Gestapo, triggering a systematic campaign of stalking and harassment that often includes vandalism and surreptitious home entries. The cooperation of local police denies unjustly targeted Americans their Constitutional right of equal protection under the law.
Silent, injury- and illness-inducing microwave and laser radiation "directed energy weapons" are being used to torture, and to degrade the lives of targeted citizens -- what could be described as a quiet, ideologically-motivated genocide.
This weaponization of the electromagnetic spectrum is every bit as socially significant as the invention of gunpowder -- but the mainstream media has yet to report in detail on the ramifications.
Victims charge that members of this civilian Gestapo have infiltrated the health care system, calling into question the quality of the services they receive when they need hospital or emergency care.
And companion array of “programs of personal financial destruction," using the IRS as a political weapon, sabotages the finances of targeted families. Their telecommunications and U.S. mail appear to be subject to warrantless surveillance, interception and tampering, including the alteration of financial accounts and credit card and utility billing statements.
This systematic bypass of the American judicial system makes a mockery of the rule of law -- and political "dissidents," "whistle-blowers" and those considered to be social "deviates" are among its prime targets.
Civil rights advocates: Wake up and smell the police state that has co-opted POTUS and an unaware Congress into becoming enablers of vigilante injustice and domestic torture.
OR (if link is corrupted / disabled):
See "GESTAPO USA" at http://NowPublic.com/scrivener ("stream" or "stories" list).
IT HAPPENS TO WHITE ETHNIC MINORITIES, TOO:
Well in any case victims of organized staklking shouldn't be the only ones concerned and offended by the jackhole buffoonery contained here, free speech advocates would probably observe that the parody of a spamming troll claiming to be censored by the government when all that's going on is blog owners are blocking a disruptive poster in the name of progressive discussion, really trivializes and distracts from their cause as well.
'SPOOFED PAGES' OF NEW YORK TIMES ARTICLE COMMENTS SECTION APPARENTLY USED TO EXERCISE PRIOR RESTRAINT AND/OR CENSORSHIP OF POLITICAL SPEECH OF AMERICAN CITIZENS
The attempt post shows up on what appears to be a "spoofed" or faked page with a message that the post is "awaiting moderation." Later, when the user attempts to access the comments pages from the main story, the browser does not respond to the command, so the user cannot check to see if the item actually posted.
This has happened to me repeatedly upon attempting to post comments to New York Times articles. It appears to me that government warrantless surveillance programs are being used as a pretext to exercise prior restraint and/or censorship upon the telecommunications of American citizens.
Prior restraint is a form of censorship and has been ruled unconstitutional by the U.S. Supreme Court.
Perhaps it's because they are loyal readers of Vic's comedy column? In any case I provided in his comments section a link to a free imaging editor called faststone, a five star rated download at CNET. It has a screen capture function, I use it to document all the sites that deny me of my right to right click and save pictures of girls who wouldn't date me on a bet. He can use this to capture the evidence of these "spoof" pages and post them at nowpublic to document the heinous torture he's been subjected to. Investigative journalists do that sort of thing, right?
MORE APPARENT OVERT CENSORSHIP OR PRIOR RESTRAINT BY GOVERNMENT SURVEILLANCE OPERATIVES
The following commentary again elicited the "held for blog owner" message when I attempted to post it to the Washington Post's political blog "The Fix," despite the fact that the media outlet does not "hold" reader posts unless its software detects foul language.
I believe the post was unconstitutionally withheld or censored from publication by U.S. government "fusion center" operatives who use surveillance programs as a pretext to harass and censor American citizens, many of them unjustly "targeted" for pervasive and intrusive, even malicious, surveillance.
Here is the commentary that was subject to apparent prior restraint and/or censorship:
WHY 'ACTED STUPIDLY' MAY BE BARACK OBAMA'S FINEST MOMENT
Based on the results of one poll, some political pundits have decreed that the fallout over the "acted stupidly" sermon sets back President Obama's agenda and represents a major political miscue.
I would argue that POTUS accomplished two strategic goals, one short-term, and a more important long-term goal, with his seemingly impolitic remark.
First, the President deflected attention from what was being perceived as a political defeat -- the failure to make the August deadline on a health care reform vote in Congress. Once Obama uttered the famous phrase, health care was suddenly off the front page, muting the debate over whether the delay was a personal defeat for his presidency.
Second, by using such hot words, POTUS thrust the issue of racial profiling into the forefront of national political debate -- one of the rare times in recent times that the nation has engaged in some painful but necessary introspection on race relations.
But I contend there's another long-term benefit that will accrue from the Gates-Crowley affair: The eventual realization that the professor's shackling and arrest happened as a result of much, much more than getting angry while black.
It also may have happened because of his politics, his ideology, his progressivism, his lifestyle, his core beliefs, and yes, the fact that he identifies himself as black and is of mixed racial background (itself a venal sin to committed racists).
To use Hitler's allusion in "Mein Kampf," Prof. Gates is among the "one in twenty" who would stand in the way. I contend he would have been in the cross-hairs of an officially enabled American secret police state apparatus that covertly and extrajudicially targets and punishes those regarded as "dissidents" or "troublemakers," or purposely slandered as "social deviates."
By laying it solely on race, we let off too easily the enemies of personal liberty and free thought.
There certainly does seem to be a genetic component to this incident. The "community stalkers" who torment this writer whether at home or away from home have made references, verbal and written, to my ethnic background and religion. I have received repeated telecommunications quoting scripture that is not in my faith's Bible, having to do with the fate of those who do not accept their religious precepts. This apparatus is expert at deploying zealots and automatons to pursue its hateful, exclusionary ideology.
Racism is real, as is racial profiling. But this is far more complex than a simple matter of black or white or brown or red or yellow. This is a manifestation of a frightening American fascism that has deep roots in certain quarters of federal and local government, and in certain institutions outside of government, including the worlds of business and religion.
America has become a police state, and its victims number in the hundreds of thousands, if not a few million.
And I am convinced that only "the good people on the inside" -- maybe even Sgt. Crowley, if Prof. Gates can help him see the light -- can save America from slipping further into this parallel universe of extrajudicial injustice, torture, politicide...
...a high-tech American genocide with strong echoes of Nazism and a uniquely anti-American blend of corporate/military/intel/religious fascism.
http://NowPublic.com/scrivener RE: "GESTAPO USA"
MORE APPARENT MALICIOUS TAMPERING AND PRIOR RESTRAINT/CENSORSHIP OF TELECOMMUNICATIONS BY GOVERNMENT SURVEILLANCE OPERATIVES
* Page "refreshes" fail to update web pages -- an apparent means of discouraging timely new postings to political blogs.
* Cookie "blocks" continue to appear in the browser settings, even though user did not input or activate such blocks.
* Submissions to Washington Post political blog "The Fix" met with full-page "comment submission error" alleging "too many posts in too short a time" when that statement is not true. The generated "error" message appears to be a "spoofed" (faked) page inserted into my data stream by surveillance operatives as a mechanism of unconstitutional censorship and/or prior restraint.
APPARENTLY, OVERT CENSORSHIP AGAIN BECOMES THE NORM
Once again today, my attempt to post a political commentary to The Washington Post's "The Fix" web blog has elicited the "held for blog owner" full-screen message -- although WaPo does NOT "hold" posts unless its software detects foul language.
It appears the message is a "spoofed page" inserted into my data stream by rogue operatives of a government surveillance program which has unconstitutionally and unjustly "targeted" by telecommunications.
Here is the commentary that was subject to either prior restraint or outright censorship -- both of which violate the Constitution on First and Fourth Amendment grounds:
THE POLITICS OF 'RENT-A-MOB': EXACTLY WHO IS PAYING THE TAB?
"The Fix" hasn't given much attention to this phenomenon of "rent-a-protestors" at health care reform town halls.
The mainstream media has bought the line that these seemingly orchestrated rabble-rousers are somehow paid and recruited by health care lobbying firms.
While there's little doubt that the health care lobby is encouraging such activity and providing logistical support, such as bus rides to meetings, public relations campaigns and suggested talking points, it looks to me like these are the same ring-wing stormtroopers who appear to comprise the bulk of the volunteers to federally-funded community policing and town watch organizations such as Citizen Corps, USA on Watch, and Infragard.
It appears that the extreme right has found a mechanism to secure public funding for the backbone of a GPS and cellphone-activated "network," which shifts from issue to issue depending on the instructions of those pulling the strings.
In other words, these protestors seem to be drawn from the same pool of "pitchfork people" as comprise the ranks of what I call "Gestapo USA."
Please take a look at this article; I'd be interested in your take, and the response of readers here (the real ones, not the paid blog-spammers who seem to dominate the conversation).
WARRANTLESS SURVEILLANCE: Pretext for DHS Operatives to Harass, Censor?
TWO IN A ROW... THE APPARENT OVERT CENSORSHIP WORSENS.
• Apparently, Team Obama is allowing the police state to eviscerate the Constitution.
This attempted commentary for The Washington Post's "44" political blog has elicited the "held for blog owner" full-screen -- even though WaPo does NOT "hold" posts unless foul language is detected.
There is virtually no question that this is government censorship perpetrated by the Home Security-administered "fusion center" surveillance network.
The apparently censored post:
No public insurance option = Obama failure.
Better no bill than a sham of a bill.
BUT WHAT GOOD IS HEALTH CARE REFORM WHEN A FEDERAL 'MULTI-AGENCY COORDINATED ACTION PROGRAM' IS DESTROYING THE LIVES AND LIVELIHOODS OF UNJUSTLY 'TARGETED' AMERICANS...
BY MEANS OF A GPS-ACTIVATED NATIONWIDE VIGILANTE ARMY;
CO-OPTED LOCAL POLICE;
COVERT PROGRAMS OF FINANCIAL SABOTAGE;
AND THE DEPLOYMENT OF SILENT, INJURY- AND ILLNESS-INDUCING, MOOD-ALTERING MICROWAVE/ LASER 'DIRECTED ENERGY WEAPONS.'
President Obama, AG Holder, SecHomeland Napolitano, SecDef Gates, DNI Blair must dismantle the nationwide, federal-local GPS-activated extrajudicial targeting and punishment matrix and remove from power the secretive executive branch officials who continue to oversee it.
Organized, group stalking is a fact, so one is left to wonder why someone who purports to be a serious, investigative journalist would go to such great lengths to discredit himself and, in effect, harm other victims of group stalking. (Refer to numerous previous comments by VL.)
"Imaginary government agents are denying me of my right to spam blogs and troll on the internet".
STILL MORE MALICIOUS TAMPERING AND PRIOR RESTRAINT/CENSORSHIP OF TELECOMMUNICATIONS, APPARENTLY BY GOVERNMENT SURVEILLANCE OPERATIVES
I found online an official U.S. Air Force video about U.S. Air Force's "Directed Energy Directorate" which is "developing the means to accurately aim and put this energy on target with surgical precision."
Wanted to post a comment to the video, but a cookie "block" appeared in my computer's browser. Removed the cookie block, but still could not sign in to post a comment. The browser momentarily showed the sign-in URL, but then was redirected back to the page with the Air Force video.
Suddenly, the screen shows I was signed in. I wrote the comment printed below but the comment apparently would not post.
Then I tried to post the comment to the YouTube page of Foreign Policy magazine, which had posted the Air Force video. The comment appeared to post -- but when I checked a few minutes later, it apparently had been removed, and I could no longer view ANY comments posted to the page. I received an on-screen message reading, "No comments for this user."
Here is the text of the apparently censored comment:
It is the conclusion of this mainstream journalist (author of article linked below) that microwave/laser directed energy weapons are being used to torture and degrade the lives of untold thousands of U.S. citizens targeted by a federal "multi-agency coordinated action program" working with local law enforcement.
Men and women of science:
Save your souls. Contact Bob Woodward, WashPost.
I believe that surveillance operatives monitoring my activity in real time are preventing me from posting the above comment to the YouTube video. They know I intend to post links to my articles, I believe, and they are unconstitutionally prohibiting me from doing so.
(Because my telecommunications are subject to interception, I must refer "whistle-blowers" to other journalists, in the case above, to Mr. Woodward, who has knowledge of directed energy technology.)
Other recent apparent "fusion center" government infringements on my constitutional rights:
* Audio and video services disrupted; cannot access preferred internet radio news station; form of psychological harassment. When an audio service is available, volume and programming controls sabotaged at will to frustrate user.
* Cookie "blocks" continue to appear in the browser settings, even though user did not input or activate such blocks. Functions such as "remove cookie block" selectively disabled, preventing access to certain web pages and features.
* "Endless beach ball" slows computer functions to a crawl; electively enabled, as a means of psychological harassment.
For years, political spin and guiding-the-lily were standard political rhetoric. Gingrich was the first to openly lie and openly advocate lying as a perverted Republican tactic. It is now so pervasive that only the willfully ignorant believe anything the GOP says, especially when it is detrimental to their own personal interests.
That has got to be the best trick ever and you can see why the GOP panders to their base so assiduously, The GOP base is sadly but fast becoming or getting perceived as being primarily composed of redneck crackers and lowly informed uneducated white trash.
Rush Limbaugh, Sarah Palin and the Republican leaders are not interested in an honest debate. Instead of offering any solutions or even engaging in a civil debate over the future of health care, the Party of No is spreading lies in an effort to defeat reform.
Make no mistake; they are not interested in an honest discussion, which is why they are resorting to extreme scare tactics.
For example, Sarah Palin claimed the legislation would create government "death panels". This claim of government-sponsored euthanasia has repeatedly been in anonymous email chains.
The truth is, the amendment Palin is referring to was introduced by Georgia's own Republican Senator Johnny Isakson and it actually allows individuals to control their own health care decisions by covering optional advance care planning. That was not a bad amendment, Johnny.
I heard someone say, just the other day that the irony is how intent those that have not are willing to vote against their better interests just to be against anything that the current administration is trying to achieve.
He said, “Granted, I am in my mid 30's and do not exactly remember how difficult the political landscape was in the Clinton administration, but this is ridiculous. Case in point, the guy in MO that went to the town hall, got into a fight with the union people (who have health insurance) and got stomped, sent to the hospital and now he’s accepting donations for his medical bills because he got laid off and has no health insurance.
He is the exact type person who would benefit from health care reform, but he would rather be anti anything Democratic or anti anything Obama administration in spite of all the President is doing to help all of the America people.
The truth of the matter is it is causing ill revocable harm to the Republican Party, to the point that everyday now many are taking the position of the man who said, "I have been a registered Republican for 33 years, but no longer! The outright lying and hypocrisy prevalent within the party and some of its elected leaders approaches outright treason.
These policies and actions are part of a larger movement to bring about a so-called Obama Waterloo, no matter the cost to effective government or positive change intended by our President.
Constructive debate is always encouraged; however, the Obama-must-fail-no-matter-the-cost attitude of the majority of Republican elected officials is not acceptable …Not by a long shot.
I am no longer proud to be associated with the Republican Party, its leaders and members".
I think you'll find that the statistics will show more and more educated suburbanites voted Democrat last two times. Therefore, your claim that republicans are more educated is false.
For years, political spin and guiding-the-lily were standard political rhetoric. Gingrich was the first to openly advocate lying as a perverted Republican tactic. It is now so pervasive that only the willfully ignorant believe anything the GOP says, especially when it is detrimental to their own personal interests.
This decision to bring people in to disrupt these town hall meetings to keep the people who need and want to hear their congressman's information on health care reform so they can make intelligent and informed decisions about their life is not just wrong, but it just plain straight Evil and they should be in jail.
I have no respect for nor will I have anything to do with these republican people at All anymore.
Now I KNOW I'm getting through... even my "Fusion Center Hall of Shame" list is being spammed.
ONCE AGAIN, MY COMMENT TO THE ACLU WEB SITE WON'T GO THROUGH...
FIRST, A MESSAGE SAYING "WRONG SPAM WORD' WHEN IT WAS TYPED CORRECTLY...
THEN A MESSAGE SAYING, "YOU ALREADY SAID THAT!"
WHEN I REFRESH THE PAGE, THE COMMENT IS STILL NOT POSTED... AT LEAST ON THE PAGE AS DISPLAYED ON MY COMPUTER.
Here is the latest post that was apparently censored, or subject to prior restraint. I will make another attempt to post it to the most recent thread here about torture:
Torture is also a DOMESTIC affair...
U.S. GOVERNMENT PROGRAM TORTURES UNJUSTLY TARGETED CITIZENS WITH MICROWAVE, LASER RADIATION WEAPONRY, SAYS MAINSTREAM JOURNALIST
Silent, potentially deadly microwave/laser directed energy weapons are being used to torture and degrade the lives of thousands of U.S. citizens who have been unjustly targeted by a covert "multi-agency coordinated action program" overseen by a secretive division of the Department of Homeland Security, charges a longtime mainstream journalist who counts himself among its victims.
An extrajudicial targeting and "torture matrix" administered by this program deploys a civilian army of vigilantes recruited from the ranks of federally-funded community policing and volunteer organizations, and receives tacit support from local law enforcement.
The victims of this program, who claim they are targeted for reasons of politics, ideology and hate, are relentlessly stalked, harassed -- and, they say, tortured -- by directed energy weapons assault. The attacks are believed to be delivered by way of portable weaponry and via terrestrial and satellite telecommunications.
Victims' movements are tracked by covertly implanted GPS devices or their own cell phones. Some say they are kept virtual prisoners, tortured night and day, their property and possessions vandalized and disturbed when they leave their homes.
And, victims say, no federal or local authorities will investigate -- often insinuating that their claims are delusions and a symptom of mental illness.
The delusion, victims respond, is believing that democracy and the rule of law can survive when the federal government enables or commits war crimes against its own citizens.
OFFICIAL 2006 AIR FORCE VIDEO DISCUSSES 'SURGICAL PRECISION' OF MICROWAVE / LASER DIRECTED ENERGY WEAPONS
THE FOLLOWING COMMENT ELICITED THE 'HELD FOR BLOG OWNER' MESSAGE AT WASHINGTON POST'S 'THE FIX' POLITICAL BLOG...
...WHEN WA-PO DOES NOT 'HOLD' POSTS UNLESS FOUL LANGUAGE IS DETECTED.
ANOTHER APPARENT INSTANCE OF 'SPOOFED PAGES' USED BY GOVERNMENT SURVEILLANCE OPERATIVES TO CENSOR AND HARASS
Who will have what it takes to expose it? If it isn't exposed and stopped, we are all in trouble.
Vic livingstone is right. there is undemocratic censorship on the Internet by government-sponsored microwaves. For instance, in my listing of a famous children's writer, Enid Blyton, I find that when i reach over 20 pages, the other when I log on, the pages have been cut to 16. I cannot log onto myway.com, i have to go to a publiclibrary or university computer system to do so. Down with this increasing American fascism!!!
Jake, I don't approve of the GOP's tactics on this either, but I would have a short memory if I didn't remember the left did the same thing on the war in Iraq. Facing the 2004 election against an incumbant with unprecedented approval numbers, they pursued a platform which required the complete failure of our Iraq policy to forward their own candidate. Who admitted he would have done the exact same thing as Bush did- (oh yeah, but "I would have done it right")
Don't vote party lines but on the issues that matter to you. This usually leaves you with no party to call your own but you will have your integrity.
LATEST APPARENT MALICIOUS DISRUPTION AND CENSORSHIP OF TELECOMMUNICATIONS BY GOVERNMENT SURVEILLANCE OPERATIVES
* A comment submitted to E! OnLine about the detention of Bob Dylan for "walking without ID" elicited an on-screen message, "There was an error saving your comment." A cookie "block" was placed in the browser without user's knowledge or consent. A repeat attempt also elicited the "error" comment. This appears to be another case of real-time malicious interference by surveillance operatives who apparently are "spoofing" pages of mainstream media outlets to censor American citizens.
* Blog pages will not update to show latest entries, thus preventing timely posts. Example: "blog.wshingtonpost.com" turns into "media.washingtonpost.com" in the task bar, and the pages do not update to show latest entries. This appears to be another real-time technique used by surveillance operatives to CENSOR the telecommunications of targeted citizens.
* Attempted post to abcnews.com will not go though. Screen asks for a "member name upgrade," but even then, post goes not go through.
* Post to Philadelphia Daily News about Eagles signing of Michael Vick generates a "will be reviewed for publication" message, when other readers' comments are posted immediately. Prior restraint appears to be fusion center harassment technique.
* Comment about directed energy weapons torture will not post to a current thread about torture at the ACLU "Freedom Blog," at least not as displayed on my computer. Yet the same comment did apparently post to another ACLU thread where I memorialize instances of apparent government censorship. It seems that the apparent censors are trying to keep my comments off current, topical threads.
• Comment to Politico.com elicits this message: "Sorry but there has been a problem with your comment. Please go back and try your comment again. Error: You have submitted an entry that is considered to be a spam."
The message appears to be a "spoofed page" inserted by surveillance operatives as a means of censoring the submitted comment.
* Stalled computer functions when attempting to post comments to political web sites such as Politico.com. Task bar reads: "Transferring data from ads.adsonar.com" -- apparently a technique used to stall browser and prevent posting.
* When stall finally ends, comments to political blogs on Politico.com do not post immediately, but appear to be subject to prior restraint, which the Supreme Court has ruled unconstitutional. Sometimes, the post never appears -- apparent outright censorship.
TWO 'FUSION CENTER HALL OF SHAME' POSTS IN ONE DAY...
...MALICIOUS INTERFERENCE/CENSORSHIP OF TELECOMMUNICATIONS, APPARENTLY BY GOVERNMENT SURVEILLANCE OPERATIVES
* Prevented from posting photos to articles on my own blog web site at NowPublic.com/scrivener. Functions for adding photos to my web stories are disabled, apparently by government surveillance operatives who are maliciously tampering with my telecommunications in real-time via the insertion of "spoofed" (fake) pages in my data stream.
* Preventing from accessing "comment" section or form at New York Post web site, re: story about Bob Dylan's recent detention by police. Apparently, surveillance operatives engaged in real-time surveillance seek to prevent me from commenting on the story.
* Signed up for comment section at "NJ.com" to comment on story about Bob Dylan. Site accepted my registration -- BUT when I attempted to post a comment, I got no web form in which to write the comment. The web page went dead. Again it appears that government surveillance operatives are exercising censorship by maliciously "spoofing" pages and intercepting commands from my computer.
* When I try to refresh a web page, the task bar begins churning, then suddenly goes to "stopped" before resuming moments later. Apparently, the functions of my computer are being hijacked by surveillance operatives using real-time remote computing software.
* When I attempt to access a blog site that mentions one of my articles, I get the "endless beach ball," effectively freezing the computer and preventing me from accessing the content.
(second attempt to post; comment was not posted after the first attempt, but I received no message.)
TWO FUSION CENTER HALL OF SHAME POSTS IN ONE DAY...
THE FOLLOWING COMMENT ELICITED THE 'HELD FOR BLOG OWNER' MESSAGE AT WASHINGTONPOST.COM'S 'THE FIX' POLITICAL BLOG... ALTHOUGH WA-PO DOES NOT 'HOLD' POSTS UNLESS FOUL LANGUAGE IS DETECTED.
THIS APPEARS TO BE BLATANT GOVERNMENT CENSORSHIP, DONE IN REAL-TIME VIA REAL-TIME SURVEILLANCE AND MALICIOUS HACKING:
RACHEL MADDOW ASKS FORMER SECRET SERVICE AGENT: WHY ARE GUN-TOTING CIVILIANS PERMITTED OUTSIDE PRESIDENTIAL VENUES?
The answer: Agents could, and should, "expand the perimeter."
URGENT: President Obama, WH staff, members of Congress, cabinet secretaries
THE U.S. GOVERNMENT HAS WEAPONIZED THE ELECTROMAGNETIC SPECTRUM.
MICROWAVE / LASER 'DIRECTED ENERGY WEAPON' SYSTEMS HAVE BEEN DEPLOYED TO DEGRADE THE LIVES OF UNJUSTLY TARGETED AMERICANS AND THEIR FAMILIES.
A GOV'T-OVERSEEN VIGILANTE GESTAPO USES COVERTLY PLACED GPS DEVICES AND CELL PHONES TO STALK AND HARASS THOUSANDS OF UNJUSTLY TARGETED AMERICANS...
...IN EVERY COUNTY IN THE COUNTRY.
WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THE DEPLOYMENT OF DIRECTED ENERGY WEAPONS...
...AND WHEN WILL YOU BAN THEIR USE ON U.S. CITIZENS?
...AND BAN THE WARRANTLESS GPS / CELL PHONE TRACKING OF INDIVIDUALS...
...THE ELECTRONIC BACKBONE OF AN AMERICAN GESTAPO...
...OPERATING ON YOUR WATCH.
http://NowPublic.com/scrivener RE: "GESTAPO USA" ("stream" or "stories" list).
MORE EVIDENCE THAT GOVERNMENT WARRANTLESS SURVEILLANCE IS A PRETEXT TO HARASS AND CENSOR AMERICAN CITIZENS VIA TELECOMMUNICATIONS
Scroll to end of this ACLU thread:
OMG! I actually feel "sorry" for the ACLU. Congrats, because I never thought that was possible.
PAGES OF NY TIMES 'COMMENTS' SECTION APPARENTLY 'SPOOFED' BY SURVEILLANCE OPERATIVES TO MAKE IT APPEAR COMMENTS HAVE BEEN POSTED...
...when it appears the comments have been intercepted and censored. Certain features of the comments, such as a "recommend" button, are missing on this "targeted" user's computer, and typically, the comment is not in the correct time-stamp order. It appears that surveillance operatives acting as government censors are using elaborate, real-time remote computing software to give the appearance that the comments are actually posted, when in fact they have been censored.
NOTE: A few minutes after I wrote this alert, the "recommend" button appeared on my NYT comment and it appeared in the proper time stamp sequence. It appears that the government surveillance censors also are monitoring my every keystroke in this word processing program, and adjust their modus operandi accordingly to preserve their "plausible deniability." However, I plan to post this account nonetheless, hopefully to serve as a prophylactic measure. This blatant, unconstitutional censorship being committed under the guise of warrantless surveillance must be exposed and stopped, and the perpetrators brought to justice.
MORE APPARENT DIRTY FUSION CENTER TRICKS TO HARASS AND CENSOR AMERICAN CITIZENS VIA TELECOMMUNICATIONS
* Computer functions slowed to a crawl, effectively preventing me from accessing or posting to web sites. Even the scrolling function to read web sites is slowed to a crawl. Only this word processing program is functioning at normal speed.
* Computer functions stalled by browser, which indicates that data is being transferred from web sites such as "cs80.clearspring.com," "google-analytics.com" and "maps.google.com."
* Sign in to post comments to "washingtonpost.com" is slowed and delayed by stalled computer functions.
This malicious interference with my ability to to my computer and to access the internet apparently is part of a protocol by government surveillance operatives who are under orders to harass and censor unjustly targeted American citizens and their families.
ONCE AGAIN, A COMMENT TO THE NEW YORK TIMES APPEARS TO POST... BUT WITHOUT CERTAIN ATTRIBUTES OF OTHER POSTS, SUCH AS THE 'RECOMMEND' BUTTON.
AND THE COMMENT APPEARS OUT OF TIME SEQUENCE IN RELATION TO OTHER COMMENTS.
THE MAIN STORY SAYS '263 COMMENTS' WERE MADE -- BUT WHEN I TRY TO ACCESS COMMENTS, I GOT AN ON-SCREEN MESSAGE READING: '6 COMMENTS' -- AND I GOT A MESSAGE THAT 'COMMENTS ARE NO LONGER BEING ACCEPTED.'
A REPEATED ATTEMPT SHOWED MY COMMENT (WITHOUT 'RECOMMEND' BUTTON) ON TOP, BUT NOT NUMBERED. THE OTHER COMMENTS BELOW IT WERE NUMBERED IN DESCENDING ORDER, STARTING WITH '263.'
I BELIEVE THIS IS A 'SPOOFED' OR FAKE MESSAGE INSERTED INTO MY DATA STREAM.
APPARENTLY, GOVERNMENT SURVEILLANCE OPERATIVES ARE USING REAL-TIME 'SPOOFED PAGES' TO CENSOR THE POLITICAL SPEECH OF AMERICAN CITIZENS.
THIS IS APPARENT CENSORSHIP BY DECEPTION, THE COSTLY MISUSE OF REAL-TIME SURVEILLANCE AND INTERCEPTION.
(second attempt to post this:)
CENSORSHIP CONFIRMED: ABOVE-REFERENCED NYT COMMENTARY DOES NOT APPEAR AMONG MORE THAN 300 COMMENTS TO THE NYT BLACKWATER STORY.
And the message I received stating that "comments are no longer being accepted" after the 263 comments mark was NOT true.
HERE IS THE CENSORED COMMENT:
What DOMESTIC operations against U.S. citizens have been mounted by Blackwater or Xe or other operatives working for federal agencies or commands?
We know that Blackwater was contracted to perform operations in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. When will Congress demand the truth about domestic operations against American citizens, conducted in the name of national security?
A "multi-agency coordinated action program" continues to deploy an army of civilian vigilantes and high-tech microwave and laser radiation weaponry in a covert war against unjustly "targeted" American citizens, according to this mainstream journalist, who counts himself as a victim:
LATEST EXAMPLES OF MALICIOUS TAMPERING, CENSORSHIP, PRIOR RESTRAINT, APPARENTLY BY GOVERNMENT OPERATIVES USING WARRANTLESS SURVEILLANCE AS A PRETEXT TO HARASS AND CENSOR
AUG. 26, 2009
* Post about disproportionate cases of brain disease among politicians and political journalists elicits "held for blog owner message" upon attempt to post to Washngtonpost.com's "The Fix blog. Re-post, edited to eliminate names of some of the politicial figures stricken with brain disease, goes through.
* Attempt to post comment to Politico web site story about Ted Kennedy blocked by a banner ad that covered the "submit" button, preventing the posting. Attempts to refresh page could not remove the obstructing banner ad.
* Attempt to post the above comment to the ACLU blog listing incidents of apparent censorship and/or prior restraint appears to go through, but upon checking the site hours later, the post does not appear. Second attempt to post does not appear, either. Upon third attempt, all three attempted posts suddenly appear. This looks to be a harassment technique. I have no idea whether the posts actually are showing up on the ACLU site, or of so-called "spoofed" or faked pages are being directed to my computer by rogue surveillance operatives.
* Comment to Broadcast Engineering about digital TV appears to go through, but a check of the page later shows that the article is not posted. I believe that some entity has told fusion center personnel to censor certain posts to TV trade journals in which I argue that certain policies are against the public interest.
* On Aug. 23, a comment to a New York Times story appear to post, but lacked the "recommend" button and seem to appear out of sequence in relation to other postings. I believe my posts are being intercepted, and that the pages that present on my computer are "spoofed pages." Here is the URL that initially led to the page with my comment:
I reviewed the link, and I cannot find my comment among those published on the web.
(I have repeatedly tried to post this comment. It seemed to post upon my last attempt. But when I refreshed the page some time later, the post is gone. I believe that my telecommunications is being intercepted, subject to prior restraint and malicious tampering by government surveillance operatives. This misuse of the telecommunications system to censor and harass must be addressed by the ACLU.)
* Post about disproportionate cases of brain disease among politicians and political journalists elicits "held for blog owner message" upon post to Washngtonpost.com's "The Fix blog. Re-post, edited to eliminate names of some of the politicial figures stricken with brain disease, goes through.
Did I mention that a big black bar appears on the right side of my display when I view this page -- obstructing the words on that part of the page? This constant telecommunications harassment is accompanied by surreptitious entries of my home and random vandalism.
THIS IS THE FACE OF FASCISM. WHEN WILL ACLU COME TO THE AID OF VICTIMS OF THIS EXTRAJUDICIAL GOVERNMENT-OVERSEEN GESTAPO?
TO: HENRY LOUIS GATES JR., editor, http://TheRoot.com (webmaster, please forward)
RE: HACKING OF YOUR SITE, APPARENTLY BY U.S. GOVERNMENT 'FUSION CENTER' OPERATIVES
Earlier today, I posted two comments to stories on your WaPo-affiliated site about Sen. Kennedy's passing. Both comments appeared to post properly.
I returned to your site later in the afternoon and I could not access any of the reader comments that had been posted, although the page listed the number of comments received. On the top of the page appeared a large box reading "ERROR," followed by a bunch of technical gibberish. I have noticed that other readers of your site have reported that they have gotten a similar "error message."
Sir, I believe that some of your readers have been targeted for harassment and censorship by U.S. government "fusion center" surveillance operatives -- and that these operatives are inserting into the data stream "spoofed," or counterfeit, faked pages that purport to be official "theroot.com" pages.
I believe these operatives maliciously tamper with the user end of other web sites as well -- including The Washington Post, The New York Times, and my internet home base, http://NowPublic.com/scrivener.
Since all of my internet telecommunications are erratic, I am taking the unusual step of posting this letter on Chris Cillizza's political blog, "The Fix," to which I am a frequent contributor.
(NOTE: When I attempted to post to "The Fix," I again received the "held for blog owner" message, when WaPo does not "hold" posts unless foul language is used. I believe this is yet another case of government censorship.)
I am hoping the publication of letter gives pause to government surveillance operatives who appear to use warrantless surveillance programs as a pretext to unconstitutionally and illegally harass and censor U.S. citizens via telecommunications. I believe these operatives are part of a covert "multi-agency coordinated action program" that has unjustly targeted many thousands of Americans, destroying their lives and livelihoods in the process.
Here is a link to a short article I have written on the subject of U.S. government censorship of the internet, which contains a link to an ACLU blog thread that memorializes instances of apparent malicious tampering, censorship and prior restraint.
Thank you for your attention to this important matter. I do hope you will discuss this issue with your web partners at The Washington Post.
TODAY'S APPARENT MALICIOUS CENSORSHIP, TAMPERING, PRIOR RESTRAINT BY GOVERNMENT SURVEILLANCE OPERATIVES
* NONE OF MY REPORTS SINCE AUG. 20TH SHOW UP HERE -- AT LEAST NOT ON MY COMPUTER. This is either blatant censorship or blatant harassment. Either way, it is unconstitutional.
* Attempt to post comment to politico.com about David Vitter sound bite on Rachel Maddow Show evokes a full screen message, " Sorry but there has been a problem with your comment. Please go back and try your comment again. Error: You have submitted an entry that is considered to be a spam." There was nothing in the comment that would indicate to any software program that this was "spam." I believe I am being censored and harasssed in real-time by government surveillance operatives using remote computing software that allows them to insert "spoofed," or "faked," pages.
• After several weeks of posting comments to the web site "The Root," edited by Henry Louis Gates Jr., the Harvard professor who was falsely arrested in his own home by police responding to a report of a possible burglary, I suddenly am not able to access the site at all. Earlier today (Aug. 27) I had posted comments asking that Congress and the Obama administration investigate what appears to be an epidemic of brain disease among political and opinion leaders.
A few minutes after I wrote the above, I could access the site. BUT THE COMMENTARY I HAD POSTED TO AN ARTICLE ABOUT SEN. KENNEDY WAS NOT THERE. I could not access any of the comments (the page said "17 comments" had been posted. I believe that my computer connection is receiving "spoofed" or faked pages inserted by government surveillance operatives and that my earlier post was taken down, censored. But I have no way of knowing whether the operatives are using the technology as a psychological harassment technique. It appears they can insert or delete comments at will from my data stream. Perhaps NONE of my comments at all have been posted, and what I see is a "spoofed" page when I think I am confirming that my comments have been posted.
* Browser stalls with endless beach ball as task bar says "transferring data from cdn1.eyewonder.com." I did not call up that web site and I have no idea what "data" my computer is transferring, seemingly on its own (but apparently, remotely controlled).
Whichever all this is, it constitutes unconstitutional interference, harassment and prior restraint of telecommunications.
POST ABOUT ENGINEER'S CLAIM THAT WORLD TRADE CENTER BROUGHT DOWN BY DIRECTED ENERGY WEAPON ELCITS APPARENTLY FAKED 'HELD FOR BLOG OWNER' MESSAGE
The following comment about a respected mechanical engineer's conclusion that a directed energy weapon, not the airplanes, brought down the World Trade Center towers on 9/11 elicited the "held for blog owner" message upon an attempt to post the womment to a Washington Post political blog...
...despite the fact that Wa-Po does NOT "hold" submissions unless foul language is detected.
I believe this is blatant censorship by government surveillance operatives doubling as censors.
Here is the apparently censored post:
WORLD TRADE TOWERS BROUGHT DOWN BY HIGH-TECH DIRECTED ENERGY WEAPON, NOT THE PLANES: MECHANICAL ENGINEERING PROF
Dr. Judy Wood says the buildings were "pulverized" by a classified Star Wars-like weapons system before they hit the ground -- including WTC Building 7, which was not struck by the airliners.
Van Jones was RIGHT to sign that petition -- and he's been the victim of a cowardly, shameful campaign of scapegoating.
Instead of engaging in a "high-tech lynching," to borrow a phrase, Team Obama should re-open the investigation into what really happened on 9/11 -- and WHY.
OR http://NowPublic.com/scrivener RE: "GESTAPO USA"
(second attempt to post this.)
LATEST MALICIOUS CENSORSHIP/PRIOR RESTRAINT APPARENTLY BY GOVERNMENT SURVEILLANCE OPERATIVES
* Pages on political blogs such as washingtonpost.com/44 will NOT always update when refreshed. Browser apparently redirected to URLs that replace the actual page from the media site with a "spoofed page" that is not updated -- for example, an attempt to refresh the above blog was redicted to "ping1.unicast.com." Later in the day, the previously unrefreshed pages invariably show threads that were posted earlier in the day but which did not show up on this user's computer. This technique effectively prevents the targeted user from exercising his constitution right to access and comment upon the last blog posts.
* Browser task bar goes to "stopped" shortly after I attempt to access a specific URL, then resumes a split-second later. Apparently, real-time surveillance operatives are redirecting my page request, in effect intercepting and hijacking my internet connection.
* Computer functions effectively disabled by the "endless beach ball" stalling technique, an apparent psychological harassment technique that prevents timely use of the internet.
(Earlier attempt to post this did not go through. I believe this is a case of malicious interference with my telecommunications.)
ANOTHER ATTEMPTED BLOG POST QUESTIONING CAUSE OF WORLD TRADE CENTER COLLAPSES ELICITS 'HELD FOR BLOG OWNER' MESSAGE...
...despite the fact that The Washington Post does not "hold" blog comments unless foul language is detected.
Another case of apparent, blatant government real-time fusion center censorship via high-tech internet monitoring and filtering software.
Today's censored or restrained post:
VAN JONES: SCAPEGOATED TO KEEP THE TRUTH HIDDEN.
(Second attempt to post this; I believe my posts are being subject to unconstitutional prior restraint and/or censorship by U.S. government fusion center operatives...)
RECURRENT MALICIOUS CENSORSHIP/PRIOR RESTRAINT APPARENTLY BY GOVERNMENT SURVEILLANCE OPERATIVES
It doesn't stop -- is Team Obama naive, misinformed, or complicit in the censorship of media and telecommunications in the USA?
* Pages on political blogs such as washingtonpost.com/44 will NOT always update when refreshed. Browser apparently redirected to URLs that replace the actual page from the media site with a "spoofed page" that is not updated -- for example, an attempt to refresh the above blog was redirected to "ping1.unicast.com." Later in the day, the previously unrefreshed pages invariably show threads that were posted earlier in the day but which did not show up on this user's computer. This technique effectively prevents the targeted user from exercising his constitution right to access and comment upon the last blog posts. Another example": attempt to update a washingtonpost.com new story was redirected to "media3.washingtonpost.com".
* Preventing from posting comment to "tvbroadcast.com". Get a screenfull of technical gibberish stating, "An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trade for more information about the error and where it originated in the code..." I believe this is a "spoofed" or faked page inserted by surveillance operatives who use their programs to harass and censor their "targets."
* Computer functions effectively disabled by the "endless beach ball" stalling technique, an apparent psychological harassment technique that prevents timely use of the internet. For example: Attempts to access "bookmarks" result in an extremely long delay before the bookmarks list appears.
THIS QUESTION TO A 'LIVE' WASHINGTONPOST.COM FORUM WOULD NOT POST.
TASK BAR SHOWED DATA BEING RECEIVED FROM "media3.washingtonpost.com" and "media10.washingtonpost.com"
THESE APPEAR TO BE FAKED 'SPOOFED' URLS THAT DIVERT THE WEB REQUEST TO GOVERNMENT SERVERS -- EFFECTIVELY CENSORING THE ATTEMPTED QUESTION.
HERE IS THE APPARENTLY CENSORED QUESTION:
Credible reports of the use of classified microwave and laser radiation "directed energy weapons" are beginning to appear in mainstream media, mostly in technical publications such as "Wired." The U.S. military and intelligence communities are active proponents of the proliferation of these new, silent technologies, capable of inducing mood changes, illness, even a slow-kill death.
Norah O'Donnell of NBC News asked former Defense Sec. Rumsfeld about the status of these technologies years ago, and got a circumspect answer. Why has the White House press corps failed to report on the proliferation of microwave and laser directed energy weapons via hand-held weaponry and via terrestrial and satellite delivery modes?
(second attempt to post this):
THE FOLLOWING COMMENTARY ELICITED THE MESSAGE "YOUR COMMENT WILL BE VIEWED FOR PUBLICATION" UPON ATTEMPTED POST TO THE PHILADELPHIA INQUIRER'S WEB SITE (DICK POLMAN COLUMN)...
DESPITE THE FACT THAT POSTINGS NORMALLY GO RIGHT UP ON THE NET.
I BELIEVE THIS COMMENTARY WAS SUBJECT TO REAL-TIME CENSORSHIP AND/OR PRIOR RESTRAINT BY GOVERNMENT SURVEILLANCE OPERATIVES STATIONED AT THE HOMELAND SECURITY ADMINISTERED "FUSION CENTER" IN NEWTOWN, PA.
The apparently censored commentary:
Dick, Afghanistan is but the most palpable symbol of Obama's biggest political challenge -- preventing an incipient, silent coup d'etat that is arguably being covertly executed on several fronts.
Obama had the opportunity to install his own team at the Pentagon. Instead, he left the Bush-Cheney military hierarchy intact, from SecDef Gates on down to the commanding generals in the field. Most recently, he chose a Republican to serve as Army secretary. With Bush-Cheney "leave-behinds" firmly entrenched and unchallenged, is it any wonder that Obama finds his Afghanistan policy being commandeered by the bureaucracy and the generals?
When Harry S Truman was faced with a similar political challenge, he fired the general who defied his presidential authority. And that was famed Gen. Douglas MacArthur.
Does President Obama have it in him to so firmly take the reins from those who may seek to usurp his powers as the constitutionally elected Commander-in-Chief?
Judging from his tendency to compromise and equivocate, it appears that the Generals will get their way -- discreetly, covertly, the "will of the people" be damned.
(third attempt to post this -- my internet account appears to be under malicious attack:)
MORE EVIDENCE THAT U.S. GOV'T WARRANTLESS SURVEILLANCE IS USED AS A PRETEXT TO HARASS AND CENSOR VIA TELECOMMUNICATIONS
* The following attempted post to a Politico.com blog elicited a message that the comment "is considered to be a spam." It most certainly was not, and it appears the message was inserted into a "spoofed" page in real time to make it appear as though it came from Politico. Here is the post:
"Self-censorship by NYT is understandable. But government censorship of political blog speech on NYT.com is NOT. Please read this: http://groups.poynter.org/members/blog_view.asp?id=190108&post=77511"
* Comments to blog.aclu.org appear to post but when checked a day later, do not appear on the internet. Apparently, "spoofed pages" are inserted into the data stream of "targeted" citizens as a means of intercepting, censoring, or imposing prior restraint upon users' freedom of speech, association, and freedom from unreasonable searches of seizures (in this case, of computer telecommunications).
* Blocked from signing into "ww.law.com," The Legal Intelligencer web site, despite repeated checks of password registration and removal of "cookie" blocks from browser. Lead article I am trying to access concerns a civil rights attorney with whom I have corresponded in the past.
More information about formatting options
Get breaking news on issues you care about
Congress: Restore the Voting Rights Act
Sign up for the ACLU Action newsletter.
Chip in to help protect all of our rights and liberties.
© ACLU, 125 Broad Street, 18th Floor, New York NY 10004
This is the website of the American Civil Liberties Union and the ACLU Foundation.
Learn more about these two components of the ACLU.