CRM Training Specialist [INTE-34]
American Civil Liberties Union
Business Operations and Support Services (BOSS) Department, NY
For nearly 100 years, the ACLU has been our nation’s guardian of liberty, working in courts, legislatures, and communities to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States. Whether it’s ending mass incarceration, achieving full equality for the LGBT community, advancing racial justice, establishing new privacy protections for our digital age, or preserving the right to vote or the right to have an abortion, the ACLU takes up the toughest civil liberties and civil rights cases and issues to defend all people from government abuse and overreach. With more than one million members, activists, and supporters, the ACLU is a nationwide organization that fights tirelessly in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, and Washington, D.C., for the principle that every individual’s rights must be protected equally under the law, regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, record of arrest or conviction.
The Business Operations and Support Services (BOSS) department of the National office in New York City is seeking applicants for a full-time CRM Training Specialist.
As a member of the Training Team in the Business Operations and Support Services (BOSS) department, the CRM Training Specialist will play a key role in the continued development and expansion of the current ACLU CRM software training program. Reporting to the Learning Solutions Manager, the CRM Training Specialist will be responsible for delivering CRM related training, collaborating with the CRM support team to develop work flow and training for new features and evaluating the program to ensure we are meeting training needs across the organization. The Training Specialist will work closely with the CRM support staff, the ACLU Development Department and other training staff to design and implement effective and cost efficient training programs, including On Demand, Webinar and in-person training solutions.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage Nationwide ACLU 360 CRM training program for 53 remote Affiliate offices as well as the ACLU New York National Office.
- Create ACLU 360 CRM training that engages learners, is adaptable to varying skill levels and establishes the ACLU commitment to accurate and consistent maintenance of data and adherence to data security standards.
- Develop training for the ACLU 360 CRM systems, including creation of instructional materials, handouts and manuals.
- Design and implement a robust CRM report training program that puts the power of reporting in our user’s hands, allowing them to access and use data to enrich their fundraising, advocacy and volunteer work.
- Determine most impactful and cost effective method for training delivery of new and existing ACLU 360 CRM programs, to ensure training resources are being used efficiently.
- Streamline and enhance existing training, to boost learning outcomes and ensure efficient use of learner’s time.
- Collaborate closely with the ACLU 360 Team to update or create training as new system features, workflows or business process are designed and rolled out.
- Create and manage a CRM specific onboarding program, that ensures all staff are up to date on security, business process and use of the CRM, prior to gaining access to the system.
- Establish and maintain and Super User program, to help advance the skillset of our users and allow us to use organizational expertise to pilot new features or training programs.
- Collaborate with the 360 support team to establish clear lines of communication and an effective feedback loop, to ensure training addresses core user needs and organizational priorities.
- Manage the current LMS system, including tracking of requests, approvals and employee progress for CRM related training programs.
- Partner with Affiliate Support and Nationwide Initiatives department and other members of the training team to ensure consistency and collaboration with affiliate and national training.
- Create and implement programs designed to enhance the learner experience, including refresher courses, new feature demos and a training booster program.
- Manage CRM related content and training calendars on the ACLU’s intranet.
- Keep current with trends, best practices, new technologies and emerging innovations in the training sphere and implement solutions that continue to build impactful learning opportunities for ACLU staff.
- Meet with assigned departments on a regular basis to determine updates and/or revisions to current training programs.
- Foster and maintain strong working relationships with departments across the organization, including both National and Affiliate staff.
- Assist with continuous improvement of the ACLU training programs by recommending process improvements, curriculum enhancements or new procedures.
- Perform training related administrative duties including management of expense reports and invoices, general communication, creation of training calendar, management of the CRM training helpdesk queue and other tasks as assigned.
- Assist the ACLU 360 Team with new release testing on specific database modules where the trainer in considered a subject matter expert.
- Take on special training projects or tasks, as assigned.
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity within the office using a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regards to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance
- Commitment to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and/or conflicts
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of four years of experience working in a training environment, preferably with a technology and/or fundraising focus.
- Strong understanding of and ability to apply principals of adult learning to inform content creation and classroom instruction.
- Demonstrated ability to present complex technical material to non-technical people.
- Eager to work in a positive, respectful team environment where everyone pushes each other to a high standard and to perform to the best of their ability.
- Clear understanding of the role of training in addressing human performance gaps related to the use of technology.
- Critical thinker with demonstrated problem solving skills and the ability to make independent decisions.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once and clearly communicate progress and arising issues while still meeting required deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong facilitation skills and ability to truly engage and excite learners of all skill levels.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Curiosity and drive to learn new ways to engage learners.
- Ability to adapt and quickly adjust in response to changing priorities.
- Strong client service and relationship building skills.
- Salesforce experience, preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, required.
- Experience with Litmos, strongly preferred.
- Experience with Camtasia Studio, preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of work time.
- Commitment to the mission and goals of the ACLU.
The ACLU offers a generous and comprehensive compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience and within parameters of the ACLU compensation scale.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three references to: HRJobsINTE@aclu.org. Reference [INTE-34] in the subject line.
Please indicate in your cover letter where you learned of this career opportunity.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
This job description provides a general but not comprehensive list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required. It does not represent a contract of employment. The ACLU reserves the right to change the description and/or posting at any time without advance notice.
The Department of Education has determined that employment in this position at the ACLU does not qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
The ACLU is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction.
The ACLU undertakes affirmative action strategies in its recruitment and employment efforts to assure that persons with disabilities have full opportunities for employment in all positions.
We encourage applicants with disabilities who may need accommodations in the application process to contact: email@example.com. Correspondence sent to this address that is not related to requests for accommodations will not be reviewed. Applicants should follow the instructions above regarding how to apply.
The ACLU comprises two separate corporate entities, the American Civil Liberties Union and the ACLU Foundation. Both the American Civil Liberties Union and the ACLU Foundation are national organizations with the same overall mission, and share office space and employees. The ACLU has two separate corporate entities in order to do a broad range of work to protect civil liberties. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “ACLU.”