For nearly 100 years, the ACLU has been our nation’s guardian of liberty, working in courts, legislatures, and communities to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States. Whether it’s ending mass incarceration, achieving full equality for the LGBT community, establishing new privacy protections for our digital age, or preserving the right to vote or the right to have an abortion, the ACLU takes up the toughest civil liberties cases and issues to defend all people from government abuse and overreach. With more than a million members, activists, and supporters, the ACLU is a nationwide organization that fights tirelessly in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, and Washington, D.C., for the principle that every individual’s rights must be protected equally under the law, regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or national origin.
The Information Technology Department (IT) of the National office in New York City is seeking applicants for the full-time position of Helpdesk Associate.
The successful candidate for the Helpdesk Associate position will be the first point of contact responsible for onsite and remote end user support including, but not limited to standard business applications, i.e., Microsoft Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2010/2013/2016. The candidate must be a forward thinking individual who possesses excellent communications skills and who is prepared to deliver excellent customer service. She/he will work with fellow members of the ACLU IT Services Support team and use their technical knowledge to provide basic, first line support to all ACLU end users via phone, email, walk-up, and web form. The Helpdesk Associate reports to the Help Desk Manager.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide Help Desk support and assist users with computer application problems and questions including but not limited to Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Outlook, Mobile and Document Management Services.
- Provide first point of contact support for ACLU document management systems, email archiving systems, VoIP support and requests, and mobile device accessibility.
- Dispatch and escalate tickets to Help Desk team while efficiently tracking and resolving tickets.
- Configure desktop computers, laptops, software, printers, mobile devices and troubleshooting issue that may occur
- Ability to support and troubleshoot remote user issues.
- Create and manage user accounts and access rights requests and resolve related issues.
- Provide audio-visual support for conferences and assist with online meetings.
- Respond to inquiries from National and affiliate staff.
- Work with third-party vendors and assist with hardware orders.
- Handle special projects as assigned.
- Provide on-call coverage on a rotational basis.
- Travel as required.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate Degree in Information Technology or a related field; and two years of related experience; or a minimum of 3 years’ related work experience.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills; ability to effectively assist users, resolve issues and escalate as necessary.
- Familiarity with at least one type of Helpdesk ticketing software preferred.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows.
- Experience troubleshooting desktop and mobile device issues.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook and Mobile technology.
- Strong communications, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and demonstrate grace under pressure
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities.
The ACLU offers a generous and comprehensive compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience and within parameters of the ACLU compensation scale.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and resume to HRJobsINTE@aclu.org. Reference INTE-25/ACLU-W in the subject line.
Please indicate in your cover letter where you learned of this career opportunity.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
This job description provides a general but not comprehensive list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required. It does not represent a contract of employment. The ACLU reserves the right to change the description and/or posting at any time without advance notice.
- ACLU is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.
The ACLU undertakes affirmative action strategies in its recruitment and employment efforts to assure that persons with disabilities have full opportunities for employment in all positions.
We encourage applicants with disabilities who may need accommodations in the application process to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Correspondence sent to this email address that is not related to requests for accommodations will not be reviewed. Applicants should follow the instructions above regarding how to apply.
The ACLU comprises two separate corporate entities, the American Civil Liberties Union and the ACLU Foundation. Both the American Civil Liberties Union and the ACLU Foundation are national organizations with the same overall mission, and share office space and employees. The ACLU has