For nearly 100 years, the ACLU has been our nation’s guardian of liberty, working in courts, legislatures, and communities to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States. Whether it’s ending mass incarceration, achieving full equality for the LGBT community, establishing new privacy protections for our digital age, or preserving the right to vote or the right to have an abortion, the ACLU takes up the toughest civil liberties cases and issues to defend all people from government abuse and overreach. With more than a million members, activists, and supporters, the ACLU is a nationwide organization that fights tirelessly in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, and Washington, D.C., for the principle that every individual’s rights must be protected equally under the law, regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or national origin.
The Information Technology (IT) department of the ACLU National office in New York City is seeking a technology oriented and mission driven IT Coordinator.
The IT Coordinator will support the Information Technology department’s management team with a strong emphasis on budget management. The Coordinator will provide operational, project and administrative support including document production, meeting preparation, travel logistics, and financial reconciliation. The Coordinator will also manage and maintain the department’s process and procedures documentation for user support and technology management.
The position reports to the CIO.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as liaison to various ACLU departments and stakeholders as well as outside vendors and partners;
- Draft and proofread communications targeted at multiple stakeholder groups;
- Coordinate event logistics, including managing schedules, catering, travel arrangements, visitor protocols with building security, venue preparations, and expense reporting;
- Support hiring and onboarding of new positions, including interview scheduling and logistics;
- Maintain confidential budget and donor related information;
- Process invoices and expense reports for payment, tracking spending to specific budget lines;
- Liaise with budget directors, vendors, and general counsel as needed when contracting new IT services;
- Monitor telecommunications expense management (TEM) application for billing irregularities, carrier and service inventory, and contract renewal support;
- Facilitate rush or overnight remittance by working closely with accounting team, as needed;
- Research and reconcile budgetary items, provide budget status reports, and budget forecasts;
- Work with training staff to produce, update, and distribute training materials; and project reports, update project plans and run project reports;
- Develop presentations, training materials and reports for senior staff and others using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project Management software;
- Maintain internal processes and procedures and user oriented intranet content;
- Undertake special projects and perform other tasks as needed;
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree, or a minimum of two years related experience in administration, office operations or event planning, preferably in a nonprofit setting;
- Self-starter with very strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to coordinate across multiple business units;
- Process oriented and able to own administrative projects from start to finish;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to compose, edit, and proof correspondence and documents;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under strict deadlines and competing priorities;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work;
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Internet usage, donor databases, and project management software;
- Ability to represent the organization and communicate professionally with ACLU staff and other colleagues, maintaining tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality;
- Experience with Salesforce.com and other like CRM applications
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, and foster a team-focused environment that encourages collaboration and peer support;
- Strong commitment to the mission of the ACLU;
The ACLU offers a generous and comprehensive compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience and within parameters of the ACLU compensation scale.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume to hrjobsINTE@aclu.org. Reference [INTE-33/W] in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Please indicate where you learned of this job posting.
This job description provides a general but not comprehensive list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required. It does not represent a contract of employment. The ACLU reserves the right to change the job description and/or posting at any time without advance notice.
- ACLU is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.
The ACLU undertakes affirmative action strategies in its recruitment and employment efforts to assure that persons with disabilities have full opportunities for employment in all positions.
We encourage applicants with disabilities who may need accommodations in the application process to contact:email@example.com. Correspondence sent to this email address that is not related to requests for accommodations will not be reviewed. Applicants should follow the instructions above regarding how to apply.
The ACLU comprises two separate corporate entities, the American Civil Liberties Union and the ACLU Foundation. Both the American Civil Liberties Union and the ACLU Foundation are national organizations with the same overall mission, and share office space and employees. The ACLU has two separate corporate entities in order to do a broad range of work to protect civil liberties. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “ACLU.”