Manager of Affiliate Donor Data [DEVF-107]
American Civil Liberties Union Foundation
Development Department, NY
For nearly 100 years, the ACLU has been our nation’s guardian of liberty, working in courts, legislatures, and communities to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States. Whether it’s ending mass incarceration, achieving full equality for the LGBT community, advancing racial justice, establishing new privacy protections for our digital age, or preserving the right to vote or the right to have an abortion, the ACLU takes up the toughest civil liberties and civil rights cases and issues to defend all people from government abuse and overreach. With more than 1.5 million members, activists, and supporters, the ACLU is a nationwide organization that fights tirelessly in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, and Washington, D.C., for the principle that every individual’s rights must be protected equally under the law, regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, record of arrest or conviction.
The Development Department of the National Office in New York City is seeking a full-time Manager of Affiliate Donor Data for the Development Operations Unit.
Under the supervision of the Deputy Director of Development Operations, The Manager of Affiliate Donor Data is a newly created position designed to work across ACLU National and our network of over fifty state Affiliates to ensure that systems and processes are aligned and standardized in the most effective way to meet the organization’s nationwide fundraising goals. The Manager plays a critical role in ACLU’s nationwide ability to operate in an extremely complex, diverse and fast-paced fundraising program. The position will work closely with fundraisers, technical members of the Data & Analytics and Product & Technology teams as well as colleagues in Affiliate Support & Nationwide Initiatives, Business Operations & Support Services and Finance departments.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with and build trust with Development stakeholders both at national and affiliate offices to define and document best business practices and requirements as they relate to the fundraising systems.
- Translate business requirements and needs to technical teams in Data & Analytics and Product & Technology.
- Develop and maintain processes for checks and balances to create mutual accountability across national and affiliate offices to ensure data sharing, data integrity and data entry standardization.
- Communicate and document business process updates for Development users nationwide.
- Working with internal training team, train and provide assistance to users on data entry practices.
- Problem solve by developing a deep understanding of the organization’s fundraising program, and revenue sharing model as well as the technology that supports these efforts and user needs.
- Create queries and reports and assist with data uploads.
- Work with Manager of National Donor Data, to assist in the review of reports and data requests to ensure consistent data definitions and optimize the use of existing resources.
- Project manage annual revenue sharing process between National and Affiliates with Finance department.
- Coordinate with affiliate digital team on web and email campaign coding to ensure proper revenue sharing.
- Provide pro-active and on demand data support for the Development department.
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity within the office; use a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regards to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance.
- Commit to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and/or conflicts.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 3-5 years of experience with donor data management preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce.com, RoundCorner/NGO Connect and related platforms a plus.
- Proficiency with SQL required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a track record of attention to detail.
- Project management skills a must.
- A willingness and ability to determine manage and quickly adjust priorities as needed.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast paced demanding environment.
- Capacity to take initiative and work independently as well collaboratively as part of a team.
- Commitment to the mission of the ACLU.
The ACLU offers a generous and comprehensive compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience and within the parameters of the ACLU compensation scale.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter (with salary requirements), a resume and a list of three (3) references to: hrjobsDEVF@aclu.org. Reference [DEVF-107/ACLU] in the subject line.
Please indicate in your cover letter where you learned of this career opportunity.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and accepted until the position is filled.
This job description provides a general but not comprehensive list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required. It does not represent a contract of employment. The ACLU reserves the right to change the job description and/or posting at any time without advance notice.
The ACLU is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction.
The ACLU undertakes affirmative action strategies in its recruitment and employment efforts to assure that persons with disabilities have full opportunities for employment in all positions.
We encourage applicants with disabilities who may need accommodations in the application process to contact: email@example.com. Correspondence sent to this email address that is not related to requests for accommodations will not be reviewed. Applicants should follow the instructions above regarding how to apply.
The ACLU comprises two separate corporate entities, the American Civil Liberties Union and the ACLU Foundation. Both the American Civil Liberties Union and the ACLU Foundation are national organizations with the same overall mission, and share office space and employees. The ACLU has two separate corporate entities in order to do a broad range of work to protect civil liberties. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “ACLU.”