Immigrants' Rights and Detention
Our immigration detention system locks up hundreds of thousands of immigrants unnecessarily every year, exposing detainees to brutal and inhumane conditions of confinement at massive costs to American taxpayers. Recently, mothers and children, who are mainly asylum seekers fleeing violence in Central America, have been detained in family detention centers.
The “lock ’em up” approach to detention is contrary to common sense and our fundamental values. In America, liberty should be the norm for everyone—and detention the last resort.
- News/Press ReleaseFebruary 14, 2018
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyFebruary 13, 2018
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyFebruary 8, 2018
- News/Press ReleaseFebruary 6, 2018
- News/Press ReleaseJanuary 2, 2018
- News/Press ReleaseDecember 20, 2017
Trump’s Muslim Ban Repeats the Constitutional Travesty Committed Against Japanese-Americans in World War IIBlog Post - Speak FreelyDecember 18, 2017
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyOctober 19, 2017