Immigrants' Rights and Detention
Our immigration detention system locks up hundreds of thousands of immigrants unnecessarily every year, exposing detainees to brutal and inhumane conditions of confinement at massive costs to American taxpayers. Recently, mothers and children, who are mainly asylum seekers fleeing violence in Central America, have been detained in family detention centers.
The “lock ’em up” approach to detention is contrary to common sense and our fundamental values. In America, liberty should be the norm for everyone—and detention the last resort.
- Press ReleaseJune 17, 2019
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyMay 24, 2019
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyMay 2, 2019
- CaseApril 24, 2019
- Press ReleaseApril 9, 2019
- Press ReleaseApril 8, 2019
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyFebruary 13, 2018
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyNovember 6, 2018
- Press ReleaseMay 22, 2018
- CaseApril 24, 2013
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyOctober 5, 2012
- OtherOctober 27, 2014