Immigrants' Rights and Detention
Our immigration detention system locks up hundreds of thousands of immigrants unnecessarily every year, exposing detainees to brutal and inhumane conditions of confinement at massive costs to American taxpayers. Recently, mothers and children, who are mainly asylum seekers fleeing violence in Central America, have been detained in family detention centers.
The “lock ’em up” approach to detention is contrary to common sense and our fundamental values. In America, liberty should be the norm for everyone—and detention the last resort.
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyDecember 28, 2018
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyDecember 26, 2018
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyDecember 20, 2018
- Legal DocumentDecember 17, 2018
East Bay Sanctuary Covenant v. Trump - Amicus Brief of The United Nations High Commissioner for RefugeesLegal DocumentDecember 5, 2018
East Bay Sanctuary Covenant v. Trump - Amicus Brief States of California, Washington, Massachusetts, New York, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Minnesota, New Jersey, Oregon, Vermont, and the District Of ColumbiaLegal DocumentDecember 5, 2018
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyNovember 6, 2018
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyFebruary 13, 2018
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyNovember 1, 2018
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyOctober 5, 2012
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyAugust 2, 2018
- News/Press ReleaseMay 22, 2018