LGBT people become parents in a variety of ways, including adoption, foster parenting, donor insemination, surrogacy, and from previous heterosexual relationships. We've made great progress in protecting the relationships of LGBT parents and their children. Unfortunately, there’s still a lot of work to be done.
For non-LGBT issues, please contact your local ACLU affiliate.
If you've been discriminated against based on sexual orientation, gender identity, or HIV status, the ACLU wants to hear about it.
- LetterMay 9, 2018
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyMay 4, 2018
- Legal DocumentMay 4, 2018
- Legal DocumentApril 20, 2018
- Legal DocumentMarch 2, 2018
- Legal DocumentFebruary 6, 2018
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyJune 11, 2015
- News/Press ReleaseAugust 30, 2016
Coalition Letter of Support for the Every Child Deserves a Family Act to the House Ways and Means CommitteeLetterJune 2, 2015
- CaseOctober 7, 2009
- CaseJune 29, 2010