LGBT people become parents in a variety of ways, including adoption, foster parenting, donor insemination, surrogacy, and from previous heterosexual relationships. We've made great progress in protecting the relationships of LGBT parents and their children. Unfortunately, there’s still a lot of work to be done.
For non-LGBT issues, please contact your local ACLU affiliate.
If you've been discriminated against based on sexual orientation, gender identity, or HIV status, the ACLU wants to hear about it.
- Legal DocumentMay 21, 2019
- Press ReleaseApril 22, 2019
- Legal DocumentMarch 22, 2019
- OtherJune 12, 2012
- OtherJuly 16, 2009
- Press ReleaseNovember 21, 2013
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyOctober 22, 2010
Fisher-Borne v. Smith - Defendants' Reply to Plaintiffs' Response in Opposition to Defendants' Motion to Dismiss ComplaintLegal DocumentOctober 4, 2012
- Press ReleaseSeptember 22, 2010