LGBT people become parents in a variety of ways, including adoption, foster parenting, donor insemination, surrogacy, and from previous heterosexual relationships. We've made great progress in protecting the relationships of LGBT parents and their children. Unfortunately, there’s still a lot of work to be done.
For non-LGBT issues, please contact your local ACLU affiliate.
If you've been discriminated against based on sexual orientation, gender identity, or HIV status, the ACLU wants to hear about it.
- CaseAugust 26, 2019
- CaseJune 10, 2019
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyMay 30, 2019
- Legal DocumentMay 30, 2019
- CaseMay 30, 2019
- Legal DocumentMay 29, 2019
- OtherJuly 16, 2009
- Press ReleaseNovember 21, 2013
- Legal DocumentNovember 25, 2008
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyJanuary 15, 2010
- Blog Post - Speak FreelySeptember 19, 2014
- CaseOctober 7, 2009