LGBT people become parents in a variety of ways, including adoption, foster parenting, donor insemination, surrogacy, and from previous heterosexual relationships. We've made great progress in protecting the relationships of LGBT parents and their children. Unfortunately, there’s still a lot of work to be done.
For non-LGBT issues, please contact your local ACLU affiliate.
If you've been discriminated against based on sexual orientation, gender identity, or HIV status, the ACLU wants to hear about it.
- CaseJune 10, 2019
- CaseJune 5, 2019
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyMay 30, 2019
- Legal DocumentMay 30, 2019
- CaseMay 30, 2019
- Legal DocumentMay 29, 2019
- Press ReleaseNovember 21, 2013
- OtherJune 12, 2012
Fisher-Borne v. Smith - Defendants' Reply to Plaintiffs' Response in Opposition to Defendants' Motion to Dismiss ComplaintLegal DocumentOctober 4, 2012
- OtherJuly 16, 2009
- Press ReleaseJanuary 4, 2010
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyJune 17, 2011