One way students can make their school a safer environment for all youth is through a gay-straight alliance, or GSA -- a student-led club that provides support for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender students and their friends. Students have a clear legal right to form GSAs, but schools still often try to stop them from or treat them differently from other clubs.
Need help? We may be able to assist you in taking on your school and make it treat your GSA the way it should. You can click here to fill out our confidential online form or call (212) 549-2673. For non-LGBT issues, please contact your local ACLU affiliate.
- LGBT Parenting
- LGBT Relationships
- LGBT Youth
- LGBT Nondiscrimination Protections
- Transgender Rights
- Criminal Justice Reform for LGBT People
- Know Your RightsJanuary 15, 2015
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyDecember 3, 2009
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyJune 15, 2011
- CaseJuly 20, 2009
- LetterMarch 2, 2011
- News/Press ReleaseMarch 11, 2010