Transgender People and Discrimination
No one should be denied a job, a place to live, or access to a public place or business simply because of who they are. Unfortunately, these kinds of rejection are all too common for transgender people. At the ACLU, we’re committed to passing federal, state, and local laws that protect people from discrimination based on gender identity or gender expression, and we’re also fighting in court to get justice for people who have experienced these kinds of discrimination.
Fill out our confidential online form
For non-LGBT issues, please contact your local ACLU affiliate.
If you've been discriminated against based on sexual orientation, gender identity, or HIV status, the ACLU wants to hear about it.
- Legal DocumentDecember 21, 2017
- Legal DocumentDecember 8, 2017
- Legal DocumentOctober 30, 2017
- Legal DocumentOctober 17, 2017
- CaseOctober 17, 2017
- Legal DocumentSeptember 19, 2017
- Legal DocumentNovember 10, 2015
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyJuly 18, 2017
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyDecember 8, 2015