The ACLU champions transgender people’s right to be themselves. We’re fighting discrimination in employment, housing, and public places, including restrooms. We’re working to make sure trans people get the health care they need and we're challenging obstacles to changing the gender marker on identification documents and obtaining legal name changes. We’re fighting to protect the rights and safety of transgender people in prison, jail, and detention facilities as well as the right of trans and gender nonconforming students to be treated with respect at school. Finally, we’re working to secure the rights of transgender parents.
Fill out our confidential online form
For non-LGBT issues, please contact your local ACLU affiliate.
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyNovember 4, 2015
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyDecember 22, 2014
- Blog Post - Speak FreelySeptember 4, 2015
- News/Press ReleaseOctober 21, 2015
- CaseSeptember 29, 2014
Department of Justice and Department of Education Complaint Against Virginia School Board for Transgender Bathroom PolicyCaseDecember 19, 2014
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyNovember 20, 2015
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyNovember 16, 2015
- News/Press ReleaseNovember 16, 2015