The ACLU champions transgender people’s right to be themselves. We’re fighting discrimination in employment, housing, and public places, including restrooms. We’re working to make sure trans people get the health care they need and we're challenging obstacles to changing the gender marker on identification documents and obtaining legal name changes. We’re fighting to protect the rights and safety of transgender people in prison, jail, and detention facilities as well as the right of trans and gender nonconforming students to be treated with respect at school. Finally, we’re working to secure the rights of transgender parents.
Fill out our confidential online form
For non-LGBT issues, please contact your local ACLU affiliate.
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyMarch 28, 2016
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyJanuary 15, 2016
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyJanuary 21, 2016
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyFebruary 11, 2016
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyDecember 22, 2014
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyNovember 4, 2015
- News/Press ReleaseApril 25, 2016
- CaseApril 21, 2016
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyApril 20, 2016
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyApril 19, 2016
- News/Press ReleaseApril 19, 2016
- News/Press ReleaseApril 18, 2016