The ACLU champions transgender people’s right to be themselves. We’re fighting discrimination in employment, housing, and public places, including restrooms. We’re working to make sure trans people get the health care they need and we're challenging obstacles to changing the gender marker on identification documents and obtaining legal name changes. We’re fighting to protect the rights and safety of transgender people in prison, jail, and detention facilities as well as the right of trans and gender nonconforming students to be treated with respect at school. Finally, we’re working to secure the rights of transgender parents.
Fill out our confidential online form
For non-LGBT issues, please contact your local ACLU affiliate.
If you've been discriminated against based on sexual orientation, gender identity, or HIV status, the ACLU wants to hear about it.
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyFebruary 8, 2017
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyDecember 22, 2016
- News/Press ReleaseDecember 5, 2016
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyOctober 28, 2016
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyJanuary 4, 2017
- LetterDecember 5, 2016
With North Carolina, the NBA, and the NCAA Caving on Trans Rights, Texas Finds New Momentum for DiscriminationBlog Post - Speak FreelyApril 18, 2017
- News/Press ReleaseApril 18, 2017
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyApril 14, 2017
- News/Press ReleaseApril 14, 2017
- News/Press ReleaseApril 13, 2017
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyApril 10, 2017