Consumer Online Privacy
As Americans spend more and more of their lives online, it’s vital that we protect the Internet from efforts to turn it into a privacy-free zone where our every keystroke and click is monitored and stored. It’s not just the government that is invading our privacy online, but also companies, which see money to be made in collecting detailed information about customers in order to build profiles on them.
If we do not enact protections for consumers, companies will continue to compete over who can spy on consumers the most intrusively. This is not the kind of “innovation” that will make our lives better. We need to put in place some basic common-sense protections that give consumers the privacy protections that they have made clear they want in poll after poll.
- Blog Post - Free FutureOctober 5, 2018
- Blog Post - Free FutureMarch 7, 2017
- News/Press ReleaseMarch 28, 2017
- Blog Post - Free FutureApril 12, 2017
- Blog Post - Free FutureMay 31, 2016
- Blog Post - Free FutureApril 12, 2018
- Blog Post - Free FutureMay 25, 2017