Face Recognition Technology
Facial recognition systems are built on computer programs that analyze images of human faces for the purpose of identifying them. Unlike many other biometric systems, facial recognition can be used for general surveillance in combination with public video cameras, and it can be used in a passive way that doesn’t require the knowledge, consent, or participation of the subject.
The biggest danger is that this technology will be used for general, suspicionless surveillance systems. State motor vehicles agencies possess high-quality photographs of most citizens that are a natural source for face recognition programs and could easily be combined with public surveillance or other cameras in the construction of a comprehensive system of identification and tracking.
- Blog Post - Free FutureSeptember 14, 2017
- Blog Post - Free FutureAugust 4, 2017
- Blog Post - Free FutureAugust 10, 2017
- Blog Post - Free FutureSeptember 22, 2017
- News/Press ReleaseOctober 18, 2016
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyOctober 25, 2016