Redistricting refers to the process of redrawing the lines of districts from which public officials are elected. Gerrymandering is when the lines are drawn to manipulate the boundaries to predetermine the outcome of elections, hindering voters from voicing their interests through their votes.
The ACLU works to ensure that redistricting takes place in a fair way that accounts for the size of a district’s population and its racial and ethnic diversity.
- CaseSeptember 21, 2016
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyJuly 1, 2015
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyOctober 5, 2016
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyOctober 15, 2015
- News/Press ReleaseMarch 21, 2016
- News/Press ReleaseMay 24, 2016