Promoting Access to the Ballot
In order to bring voter registration into the 21st century and make voting as convenient as possible, the ACLU advocates for reforms that have been demonstrated to be extremely effective at making sure that all Americans who want to cast a ballot are able to do so. State-level efforts to expand access to the polls include expanding early voting, online voter registration, and same-day voter registration.
The ACLU also pushes to repeal Jim Crow-era laws that take away the rights of citizens with criminal convictions.
- CaseMarch 26, 2015
- News/Press ReleaseApril 17, 2015
- CaseApril 17, 2015
- CaseDecember 18, 2014
NAACP v. Husted - Settlement Agreement Among Plaintiffs and Defendant, Secretary of State Jon HustedLegal DocumentApril 17, 2015
- CaseJune 17, 2013
- Legal DocumentAugust 26, 2015
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyAugust 13, 2015
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyJuly 30, 2015
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyJuly 13, 2015
- LetterJuly 1, 2015
- Blog Post - Washington MarkupJune 25, 2015