Promoting Access to the Ballot
In order to bring voter registration into the 21st century and make voting as convenient as possible, the ACLU advocates for reforms that have been demonstrated to be extremely effective at making sure that all Americans who want to cast a ballot are able to do so. State-level efforts to expand access to the polls include expanding early voting, online voter registration, and same-day voter registration.
The ACLU also pushes to repeal Jim Crow-era laws that take away the rights of citizens with criminal convictions.
- CaseDecember 12, 2016
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyNovember 7, 2014
- CaseJuly 18, 2016
- Legal DocumentAugust 11, 2016
- News/Press ReleaseApril 17, 2015
- Legal DocumentNovember 7, 2014
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyAugust 3, 2017
- News/Press ReleaseJuly 25, 2017