Promoting Access to the Ballot
In order to bring voter registration into the 21st century and make voting as convenient as possible, the ACLU advocates for reforms that have been demonstrated to be extremely effective at making sure that all Americans who want to cast a ballot are able to do so. State-level efforts to expand access to the polls include expanding early voting, online voter registration, and same-day voter registration.
The ACLU also pushes to repeal Jim Crow-era laws that take away the rights of citizens with criminal convictions.
- CaseFebruary 13, 2019
- News/Press ReleaseDecember 20, 2018
- MapNovember 16, 2018
- News/Press ReleaseNovember 7, 2018
With Hurricane Michael Barreling Down on Gulf Coast, Florida Unconstitutionally Refuses to Extend Voter Registration DeadlineBlog Post - Speak FreelyOctober 10, 2018
- Blog Post - The CampaignSeptember 25, 2018
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyAugust 3, 2017
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyJanuary 16, 2012
- CaseDecember 12, 2016
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyAugust 15, 2018
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyNovember 7, 2014
- Blog Post - Speak FreelySeptember 29, 2016