Privacy Advocates, Legislators Will Mark Data Privacy Day on Jan. 31 at State House
ACLU of Maine and Left-Right Coalition Will Reveal Details of Comprehensive Privacy Package
January 30, 2013
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: (212) 549-2666; firstname.lastname@example.org
Augusta – The ACLU of Maine and a bipartisan coalition of legislators will hold a press conference at the State House on January 31 to commemorate Data Privacy Day and detail a legislative package underscoring key priorities for protecting individual privacy in Maine.
The press conference marks Data Privacy Day, a day of awareness to educate everyone on the importance of respecting privacy and safeguarding personal information in the face of emerging technologies.
- Jeff Northrop, CFF of the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), the largest and most comprehensive global information privacy community
- Shenna Bellows, Executive Director of the ACLU of Maine
- Rep. Diane Russell (D-Portland), sponsor of The Maine Online Privacy Protection Act
- Rep. Michael McClellan (R-Raymond), sponsor of An Act to Protect Social Media Privacy in the Workplace
- January 31 at 1:00 p.m.
- State House Welcome Center, Augusta, ME
Every month, you'll receive regular roundups of the most important civil rights and civil liberties developments. Remember: a well-informed citizenry is the best defense against tyranny.