May 22, 2008
We're astonished and thrilled by the amount of comments we've gotten on the Blog of Rights. Please keep it up!
To address some of them, a few housekeeping items:
- The Blog of Rights will have a mix of guest bloggers and ACLU attorneys and staffers.
- Unfortunately, because of the reasons laid out in our (quite lengthy) comment disclaimer, we cannot let the comments go unmoderated. We need to do this to protect our nonprofit status. We are not moderating for ideology or opinion — just to make sure that no comments do things that could cause us to incur legal liability, particularly in light of our nonprofit status. For example, we cannot have any endorsing or opposing of candidates for elective office. We would love to let the comment section be a free-for-all. But we just can't. Really. We're moderating as quickly as we can.
- The bloggers are reading your comments and responding when able.
- You might have noticed that we've added a "name" field in the comment section. You can now add your name, or you don't have to. If you leave it blank, it will just be listed as "Anonymous."
- For interested parties, check out our statement on the 2nd Amendment.
- Other interested parties might want to check out our statement on Texas's Yearning for Zion Ranch.
If you have any further questions about the ACLU Blog of Rights, email us at email@example.com. Or, just leave us a comment!