February 20, 1997
Reno v. ACLU Amicus Curiae
Please note that all links are to the main page of the organization's web sites -- not all sites will provide links to their briefs or related materials.
- American Association of University Professors, American Society of Journalists and Authors, Authors Guild, California Museum of Photography/University of California at Riverside, Coalition for Positive Sexuality, Creative Coalition of Artists, Tri Dang Do, Margarita LaCabe, LAMBDA Legal Defense and Education Fund, Maggie LaNoue, LOD Communications, Peter Ludlow, Chuck More, PEN American Center, Philadelphia Magazine, PSINet Inc., Eric S. Raymond, Don Rittner, The Sexuality Information and Education Council of the United States, Lloyd K. Stires, Peter J. Swanson, Kirsti Thomas, WEB Communications, and Miryam Ehrlich Williamson. (Represented by Schnader Harrison Segal and Lewis, Philadelphia, PA).
- ApolloMedia Corp. (http://www.annoy.com) and Bay Area Lawyers for Individual Freedom (http://www.balif.org)
- Association of National Advertisers and the Media Institute (http://www.mediainst.org) or (http://www.comspeech.com) (Represented by Davis Wright Tremaine, Seattle, WA).
- Chamber of Commerce of the United States of America
- Feminists for Free Expression (http://www.well.com/user/freedom)
- National Association of Broadcasters, ABC Inc. (http://www.abc.com), CBS Inc. (http://www.cbs.com), and National Broadcasting Company (http://www.nbc.com)(Represented by Floyd Abrams, Cahill Gordon & Reindel)
- Playboy Enterprises Inc. (http://www.playboy.com)
- Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press (http://www.rcfp.org) and Student Press Law Center (http://www.splc.org)
- Site Specific, Inc. and John Lebkowski
- Speech Communication Association (http://www.scassn.org)
- Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts (signees including Eric Bogosian, Craig Lucas, Emily Hartzell & Nina Sobell, Jenny Holtzer, and Metropictures)