Police Body Cameras
Police body cameras have the potential to serve as a much-needed police oversight tool at a time of a growing recognition that the United States has a real problem with police violence. But if the technology is to be effective at providing oversight, reducing police abuses, and increasing community trust, it is vital that they be deployed with good policies to ensure they accomplish those goals. Without good policies, they risk becoming just another police surveillance device—and one with very real potential to invade privacy. Especially important are policies governing when the cameras are turned on, and who has access to the footage and under what conditions.
- Blog Post - Free FutureAugust 7, 2017
- Blog Post - Free FutureNovember 20, 2017
- Blog Post - Free FutureOctober 27, 2017
- Blog Post - Free FutureJanuary 19, 2018
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyFebruary 5, 2019
- OtherOctober 9, 2013