Fighting Voter Suppression
Voting rights are under attack nationwide as states pass voter suppression laws. These laws lead to significant burdens for eligible voters trying to exercise their most fundamental constitutional right. Since 2008, states across the country have passed measures to make it harder for Americans—particularly black people, the elderly, students, and people with disabilities—to exercise their fundamental right to cast a ballot. These measures include cuts to early voting, voter ID laws, and purges of voter rolls.
The ACLU is engaged in advocacy and litigation across the country to get rid of these harmful voter suppression measures once and for all.
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyFebruary 14, 2019
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyFebruary 13, 2019
- Legal DocumentFebruary 13, 2019
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyJanuary 29, 2019
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyJanuary 15, 2019
- Legal DocumentDecember 4, 2018
- Know Your RightsOctober 21, 2016
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyMarch 19, 2018
- Blog Post - The CampaignNovember 7, 2018
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyNovember 7, 2018
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyOctober 29, 2018
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyOctober 17, 2018