ACLU of Washington WTO Flyer
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SEATTLE – The American Civil Liberties Union of Washington is closely monitoring police treatment of WTO protesters and residents of Seattle. We are looking for information about incidents of police action against citizens that have occurred during the WTO conference.
We need personal reports of any of the following activities – if they happened to you or if you were a witness:
- Unprovoked physical aggression by police: shoving, kicking, hitting with billyclubs, overly forceful restraint
- Use of pepper spray, tear gas, CS gas, shots of rubber bullets against non-violent protesters or onlookers either without warning or in excess
- Being pursued or chased by police when trying to flee or disperse
- Encountering any of these activities as a bystander or within an area that is NOT a designated “no-protest zone”
- Or other unreasonable restrictions on your civil liberties
We need details on what happened to you or what you witnessed. Please contact the ACLU of Washington right away:
Fill out an online complaint form at
If no web access, call the ACLU Complaint and Referral Line
ACLU of Washington
705 Second Avenue, Suite 300, Seattle, Washington 98104
Every month, you'll receive regular roundups of the most important civil rights and civil liberties developments. Remember: a well-informed citizenry is the best defense against tyranny.
The Latest in Smart Justice
The American Civil Liberties Union is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed to every person in this country by the Constitution and laws of the United States of America.
Learn More About Smart Justice
The ACLU Campaign for Smart Justice is an unprecedented, multiyear effort to reduce the U.S. jail and prison population by 50% and to challenge racism in the criminal legal system.