More than forty years ago, the U.S. Supreme Court decided Roe v. Wade, the landmark case that secured a woman’s right to abortion. Since then, extremist politicians have been trying to take that decision out of a woman’s hands.
In some states, politicians are pushing through laws that ban most abortions. In others, they are doing everything they can to shut down the health centers that many women rely on for basic reproductive health services, including abortion care. Some politicians are even trying to end programs that provide birth control, putting women at high risk for unplanned pregnancy.
The ACLU works every day to stop this attack on reproductive freedom. We may not all feel the same way about abortion, but we can agree that deciding whether and when to become a parent is one of the most private and important decisions a person can make. It is time for politicians to stop interfering and to stop playing politics with women’s health care.
- PodcastJanuary 10, 2019
- News/Press ReleaseDecember 20, 2018
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyDecember 17, 2018
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyDecember 13, 2018
- Legal DocumentDecember 12, 2018
- CaseDecember 3, 2018
- Blog Post - Speak FreelyJuly 18, 2018
- OtherNovember 17, 2011
- News/Press ReleaseJune 4, 2018
- Blog Post - Speak FreelySeptember 27, 2018
- News/Press ReleaseDecember 19, 2017
- News/Press ReleaseAugust 15, 2018