Every day across the nation, the ACLU is called on to defend all the freedoms guaranteed in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
There's never been a more important time for freedom-loving people to support the ACLU and our effective work to protect civil liberties.
Take your stand and help us defend people’s rights. Here are some ideas to get you started.
Become a Member
Our rights depend on our willingness to defend them. By joining the ACLU today, you'll be doing your part to restore American values of justice, due process and individual freedoms.
Renew Your Membership
Renew your membership today to help defend civil liberties and the fundamental principles of our Constitution.
Make a Monthly Gift
By joining the Guardians of Liberty program, monthly gifts of $25, $20, or as little as $10 can provide the support we need to continue to fight for all our freedoms.
The need has never been greater for freedom-loving people to support the ACLU. Your additional gift will help protect our cherished liberties.
Donate to the ACLU Foundation
Help spearhead groundbreaking civil liberties litigation and public education by making a tax-deductible gift to the ACLU Foundation.
Gifts by Check
If you’d like to send a check to the ACLU, please address it to the ACLU c/o the Gift Processing Department, 125 Broad Street, 18th Floor, New York, NY 10004. Please designate if it is a gift to the American Civil Liberties Union or the American Civil Liberties Union Foundation. Learn about the difference here.
Interested in raising money for the ACLU from friends and family? You can create your own personal fundraising campaign in minutes with Team ACLU. Here are a just a few ways you can help:
- Donate your birthday to the ACLU this year and ask folks to make a gift in the amount of your age
- Make the ACLU part of your wedding registry by creating a personalized page with your story and inviting your guests to donate in lieu of traditional gifts
- Run, walk or bike your way to the finish line while raising money for the ACLU as your organization of choice
- Celebrate the life of a loved one by creating a campaign in their honor or memory
Here are some facts about us and landmark events in our history. You might find this useful in informing friends and family about our work.
Thank you for your interest in donating a portion of proceeds to the ACLU! We’re grateful that you’d like to share our mission with your customers.
If you are an individual producing an independent project, below are some important guidelines to consider before beginning your promotion:
- To comply with BBB regulations, retailers donating a share of sales are required to disclose to customers the exact amount of those proceeds that will be donated to the charity at the point of sale. For example, “$5 per item sold will be donated to the ACLU” or “10% of gross sales will be donated to the ACLU.”
- You are welcome to use our name in carrying out a promotion. However, if customers might mistake your business or promotion to be affiliated with the ACLU in any way, please include a disclaimer indicating that you are not an affiliated entity.
- We regret that the ACLU cannot promote or otherwise endorse your product.
- Use of the ACLU’s logo requires a written agreement. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to discuss logo usage, but please be aware that we can only allow logo usage for a limited number of large or high-impact campaigns.
For inquiries regarding brand partnerships, please contact email@example.com. Please note that due to volume, we are not able to respond to all requests.